Welcome to PigeonHub Racing Forum!

Author Topic: entire trained team vanishes from home loft  (Read 13930 times)

mgroen

entire trained team vanishes from home loft
« on: October 28, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
We released our team of 14 trained young birds from home loft and they vanished, this was 8 days ago so i have little hope of any returning anymore.  these birds were well flown daily with many drops from all directions up to 30 miles,  These birds knew their way around area and around the loft.  we live in northern ontario, prior to this we had been so lucky with them, we have only lost one bird in two months of releases.  Does anyone know how 14 trained birds can leave from their loft and just vanish? has anyone heard of this happening with trained birds?  We fear they were shot down by hunters.  any feed back appreciated

TrueTrenton

Re: entire trained team vanishes from home loft
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 04:59:42 PM »
We would call that a fly away. Very rare, but it sometimes happens on a very cloudless blue sky and its perfect conditions for flying. Yes you can lose birds that have been trained out but usually they will start straggling in. Same thing happened to me. 10 birds, all 2020 Homers, but 9 of mine came back after 2 1/2 day all in a drop. Eight days are a very long time. Totally doubt they were shot by a hunter. Good Luck.

RacingPigeon, including images, characters and logos are intellectual property from A SMF Mods & Tricks. RacingPigeon is a registered trademarks of SMF Mods & Tricks, LLC.